The president and chairman of Groupe Nduom, Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom, has been adjudged the Ultimate Man of the Year at the Emy Awards Africa, Ghana Edition, 2016.
The Flagship Award is given to the man who stands out as the ultimate man, father to his home and to all, excellent in all his ways, an astute planner, change manager, care giver, great innovator, mentor and the complete symbol of greatness.
It’s also in recognition of great achievers and people with unquestionable integrity; dedicated and are acknowledged by families, communities and their country from diverse fields of endeavour. The event is the first of its kind in Ghana and will be staged on every Father’s Day.
At a colourful ceremony at the Banquet Hall of the State House last Saturday, June 18th, 2016, Dr Nduom came ahead of three other equally distinguished Ghanaians to win the ultimate prize.
They include Dr. Kwabena Duffuor, a former Finance Minister and Governor of Bank of Ghana; Dr Osei Kwame Despite, the Chief Executive of leading radio stations – Peace FM, Okay FM, Hello FM and other businesses in Banking and Insurance; Togbe Afede XIV, Chief of the Asogli State Council and the President of SAS Group of Companies.
Other Ghanaians who have excelled in entertainment, mentorship, sports, technology/invention and others were also awarded on the night.
Dr Nduom’s life is founded on four values and principles-his faith, family values, entrepreneurship (business) and public life.
These guiding beliefs have shaped his disciplinary attitude towards the building of a multi-national family holding business of Ghanaian and American origin.
The Groupe Nduom conglomerate manages diverse portfolio of businesses in Ghana and other West African countries; The United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Groupe Nduom’s variety of industries includes:
1. Finance: GN Bank (267 locations throughout Ghana), First National Togo, First National Cote d’Ivoire, GN Reinsurance, GN Life Assurance, GN Health, Gold Coast Fund Management (15 locations throughout Ghana), Gold Coast Brokerage, PenTrust, Liberian Enterprise Development Finance Company, GN Bank, Liberia (with eight branches) and Ghana Growth Fund Company.
2. Media: First Digital TV (including several television channels), Today Newspaper, DigiCut advertising, Radio stations.
3. Hospitality, Sports and Entertainment: Coconut Grove Hotels (Coconut Grove Beach Resort, Coconut Grove Village, Coconut Grove Bridge House, Coconut Grove Miner’s Lodge, Coconut Grove Regency Hotel) Elmina Sharks FC, Spyder Lee Entertainment, Sea Lions FC and Ahomka Fie Event Place in Elmina.
4. Industry: GN Quarry, GN Concrete Products, GN Motors, FreshPaK, GN Electronics, GN Logistics, GN Printing, Qualtek (Technology) and GN Power.
5. Education: Monica Yorke School, Nduom University (Nduom School of Business & Technology; and GN Learning & Development Centre), Elmina Community Library.