I have decided to share this after several years trying so hard to make money online , Coming from an African country , it has really been difficult I must say. My proven online-avenues will guide you to also earn money online easily from home.
There are tons of articles scattered across blogs that teach or attempt to help you to make money online. Some of them are scams; others are just sales pitches to convince you to sign up for some superman product, seminar, webinar, training session or some other way to become an online millionaire. Of course, there are a few out there which are genuinely helping people by pointing them in the right direction and guiding them and there are some that will not allow African countries to sign up to it. Programs like surveys hardly require people coming from countries like Ghana , Nigeria, Kenya etc to be part of it .
There are legitimate ways to make money online. The problem is that the real ways to make money aren’t “get rich quick” schemes Kalen Bruce, mentioned in a post. The real ways to make money online requires some level of expertise from your end and some times some financial commitment.
Here, you’ll find opportunities and practical ways to make money online, legitimately, no matter where you find yourself in the world; America, Kenya, Australia, the UK, Ghana, Canada, South Africa, India, Germany, Nigeria, wherever.
If you are good at anything at all (sports, relationships, finance, science-fiction, romance, etc), it’s time to research and write. The internet provides you an opportunity to reach a large market of potential buyers, even beyond your home country and continent. With the Amazon Kindle store, anyone can publish an eBook and make money quickly. The Kindle app is now available on almost any device (laptops, iPads, smartphones and yes, Kindles) so your global market is huge! It also means that there would be no printing cost, thereby lowering your cost to near zero.
List your book for £1.49 – £6.99 and you earn 70% of the sale. Considering Amazon is the ultimate selling machine, that is a fantastic deal. Remember people are looking to spend!
To succeed with an ebook, you need to create value. Non-fiction is known to sell. Sometimes, it can be as simple as researching and compiling information on a major problem (like secrets to selling ebooks) and presenting it in an easy-to-understand format.
Another big tip is to have a great cover designed so it stands out, and once your book is live on the Kindle store it’s really important to get some reviews so it shows up higher in results. Encourage readers to leave an honest review at the end of your book.
Ebooks last forever, literally. Once you invest the time, your product would forever be available for sale, albeit in a relevant format. You will earn income from sale of the ebook for years to come.
You may have heard that you could make money blogging. You even tried it and didn’t earn as much money as you expected. There’s no magic formula but there are basics you need to cover if you want to monetize your website. Problogger, Copyblogger, Linda Ikeji, Ghanaweb, Ghbase, Ameyawdebrah are some blogs making good money. The income streams from blogging are many but here a few or the most popular ways of making money blogging.
Advertising: It is definitely the oldest form of making money with a blog. Emergence and dominance of other forms of revenue streams are gradually making advertising the model bringing in the least revenue. You can sell advertising space directly on your site or you can go through intermediaries like Google Adsense or Media.net. You only make enough money from advertising when your site visits hit the thousands on daily basis.
Affiliates: In this model, you basically sell products of other businesses on your site and make a commission whenever someone buys the product through your site. There are many affiliate networks, such as FlexOffers and CJ Affiliate that allow you to promote other people’s products and services. You simply put a link or a banner on your page and then you get a percentage if someone clicks through and buys the product/service. You’ll want to select products that are specifically within your blog’s category. This is an effective way to earn money once you have the traffic coming to your blog.
Membership/Subscription: Allowing people to subscribe for exclusive content can make you money. Many people have created a paid membership area on their blog. This is typically for exclusive content that you can only access when you become a paid member. If you think of something valuable (newsletter, online magazine, etc.) that you can consistently offer on a certain basis (weekly, monthly, etc.), you may want to offer a subscription service. If you have a really great idea on what to include, this can be a great idea. You’ll have to create something that can’t easily be accessed around the web, if visitors are to pay for it.
Products: You can create your own product, such as an ebook or a web app. You would then use your blog as a promotion tool to get people to buy your product. As long as you create a legitimate product with a whole lot of value, you should be able to get some buyers, but like everything else with a blog, you’ll need the traffic to make the sales.
Services: You can offer a paid service, such as life coaching, blog coaching, goal setting or financial planning. Just be sure to investigate all the legal implications and make sure you’re not claiming to be a professional if you’re not one. With a service like this, you’re basically using your blog to sell yourself. You’ll need to convince people that you’re worth buying and then be able to back up your claims once they purchase your service.
Sponsored Posts: Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. You are basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your web traffic before you will get many offers.
There are businesses that will hire you to work for them from your home. This could be direct or often through an intermediary (usually an online platform). There are schemes out there that purport to do this but not all of them are genuine. Some, actually are scams. If you’re interested in working for someone else, while still making your own schedule and deciding where to work from, here are a few companies recommended by Kalen Bruce that will let you do just that
- CrowdSource – CrowdSource offers many types of jobs from “microtask” jobs to larger writing and editing jobs. You decide how much you work and you can do most of it right at your computer.
- Demand Studios – Demand Studios is hiring all kinds of creative professionals, from writer to filmmakers. The pay isn’t amazing, but it’s competitive for a work-at-home job.
- Fast Chart – Fast Chart allows you to work from home as a medical transcriptionist. There are some requirments and qualifications listed on the page, but if you meet them, you’ll make competitive pay for the industry. You’ll also be able to set your own schedule since you’ll be working from home.
- Leap Force – Leap Force is one way that Google rates websites for search engine ranking. If you’re hired, you make decent money (usually over $11/hour), you set your own schedule and it can be pretty fun to view and rank websites.
- Liveops – Liveops is a call center that allows you to work from home. Once your set up to take the calls, you can begin making a weekly schedule and working from home. The pay is generally close to $10/hour, but you can earn more with commissions.
- SpeakWrite – SpeakWrite will pay you up to $15/hour to transcribe information. You set your own schedule and work from home.
Beyond specific qualifications, you’ll need a fairly stable internet, laptop, and in some cases, a serene environment.
Freelance Content Writing
Freelance writing is a popular way to earn money online, without breaking a sweat. If you love a particular subject and you love writing, then all you have to do is to look for a blog that will be happy to post your articles. You can make as much as $20 per post, or even more in some cases. You’ve got to build your portfolio and your résumé, if you’re interested in writing. If you’re not interested in writing, I wouldn’t recommend traveling down this road just for the money. You wouldn’t be happy on the journey to earn money online. That said, here are websites recommended by Kalen Bruce you can start with.
- Listverse – Listverse pays $100 for each accepted post. The article must be a list, it must be at least 1,500 words and you must include at least 10 things. Other than that, you can get pretty creative with it.
- TopTenz – TopTenz pays $50 for each accepted post. Again, the article has to be in a list format and it must be at least 1,500 words, with few exceptions. They post often so your chances of getting accepted are fairly high.
- A List Apart – A List Apart pays $200 for each accepted post. They’re not first on the list, because they tend to publish less articles, which means you have a smaller chance of getting accepted. Same guidelines as above, 1,500 word minimum.
- International Living – International Living pays $75 for each accepted post. They are mostly looking for travel experiences from countries you have visited. For this site, it’s more about your experience than your writing ability.
- FundsforWriters – FundsforWriters pays $50 for each accepted post. They are looking for articles about writing and making money with it. They only accept articles between 500-600 words, but they want you to make each word count.
- Uxbooth – Uxbooth pays $100 for each accepted post. They do tend to take four to eight weeks to accept and post articles, so don’t count on this being a quick money maker. They take so long, because they pair with editors to only publish amazing content.
- iWriter – iWriter pays up to $15 for each accepted post. That may seem small, but they aren’t as strict as many of the others above and they also allow you to pick exactly what you write. You can write as many or as few articles as you want.
- Textbroker – Textbroker pays up to five cents per word, if you’re a 5-star writer. You’ll start by submitting a short sample article and you will most likely start as a 3-star writer, but you can work your way up by writing more and writing great content.
- Matador Network – Matador Network pays up to $60 for each accepted post, but standard pay is around $20-$25. They don’t really focus on a minimum word count, but they have a maximum count of 1,500 words.
- The Penny Hoarder – The Penny Hoarder pays up to $800 (rarely), depending upon the number of page views you receive. The pay starts at $100 for 50,000 page views, so this isn’t a guaranteed paid article, but it can potentially be highly rewarding.
The money making potential in freelance content writing is very enormous….big enough to make it a full-time job. However, you must understand that it is a process. You have to build a portfolio (online) and gradually move up into the big money making end. You can utilize your linkedin profile and other social media profiles to build your portfolio. If you are not an experienced writer, your journey could be longer and you should be willing to put in the effort. You’ll surely make money online in due time. Everyone can earn money online, if I do.
Earn Money Online with Gigs on Fiverr
Fiverr is now the world’s largest marketplace for people to make money selling small services (known as ‘gigs’).
What you offer could be absolutely anything, from writing and translating, social media posting, playing pranks and designing, voiceovers and short video clips for people all around the world!
As the name suggests, the default price is $5 ( Fiverr ), but you can attach extra services to gigs to earn more money. Whilst it might not seem like much, it can quickly add up and there are plenty of examples of people making good living from the site. The key is to get a system in place which minimises the time spent on each gig, Owen Burek advises.
But, there is another way to earn money online (even more) from Fiverr for potentially far less work. How? By simply reselling gigs elsewhere. For example, find a decent logo designer then reply to jobs on Upwork or even local classifieds. So, simply benefitting from information (cheaper alternatives) that others are not aware of. A $5 spend can easily become $50+, and it’s repeatable!
6. Sell Your Photos, Stories and Videos
If you think you’ve got good shots and a little creativity, try uploading your photographs for free to stock websites. A good starting point is Fotolia or istockphoto. This is to get you noticed and then get people to start sending you custom requests, for which you can start making money online quickly. You could make decent amounts at end of each month selling your photos.
If you have an interesting story then you could try selling it to blogs (and the papers). It could be anything from sleeping with a professional footballer to getting caught in a chieftaincy battle! Sale of stories is one simple way to earn money online.
The Sun is reported to have bought a story from university student for a tidy £50.
You could also film your mates at all times and send it into You’ve Been Framed to net yourself £250 and a few seconds of fame.
The internet has created millionaires and billionaires. It’s time you also earn money online from this growing platform.If you have the desire to become an Internet Entrepreneur and you are in Ghana i would recommend Mobile Web Ghana’s Training program for you. I know the Instructors and i know the value they have to give out . All the instructors are people own one online business or the other, and earn money online daily.
Leave your comments below, I promise to bring you the other parts of how to make money online .