BSIC is a financial institution created by the community of the Sahel Sahara, otherwise known as (CENSAD). The bank was formed pursuant to a convention signed in Tripoli by the Heads of States of the CENSAD community on April 14th, 1999. As a subsidiary of the Group, BSIC (Ghana) Ltd (Sahel-Sahara Bank) started its operations as a licensed universal bank on March 25th 2008.
The bank’s core vision is to become the Bank of first choice in the provision of excellent Banking Services, Trade finance and investment advice. Towards the end of 2014, Sahel- Sahara Bank realigned its operations with market and business segment of the Ghanaian economy, as well as with BSIC group structure to help deliver on acceptable shareholder value. In line with this, management of the bank has adopted a new vision dubbed ‘2335’ to build a medium size bank in Ghana by 2019.
Products and Services
The bank’s products and services cut across the various sections of the Ghanaian economy, making it possible for all businesses and individuals to access and use their banking products.
BSIC makes it easy for clients to receive and transfer money from and to many parts of the world through the inward and outward money transfer system.
BSIC (Ghana) Limited through its network of Correspondents assist customers with international trade. There are varied products for importers and exporters.
The Treasury management arm of the Bank can purchase Government securities for customers and non-customers. These securities are tenured for ninety-one (91) days, one hundred and eighty-two (182) days and three hundred and sixty five (365) days.
An account that is useful to a customer with targets towards the future. Targets such as the following are catered for by this product
My Sahel Wealthmaster Plan” is specially developed to enable people realize their goals and aspirations in life with ease. It is designed to cut across all sectors of life and for that matter everyone with a desired ambition can sign on to this plan.
Sahel Sahara gives you 9 Reasons to Bank with them
- We have affiliates in 14 African countries, offering a platform to do business wherever you find yourself in any of these countries.
- We are a socially responsible bank, interested in giving back to the community what we have earned.
- We are partners in national development.
- We are people- centered.
- We offer our customers first class banking services.
- We do not charge Cost of Turnover (COT).
- We promote trade and investments in Africa.
- We are interested in developing the human resource capacity of our employees.
- We are an African Bank.
The Bank currently has 17 branches in 6 of the 10 Regions of the country. The number of branches is expected to increase in the coming years.
1. Tema Community Eleven (11) Branch
- Location: Tema community 11, GIAAN Tower, on the hospital road.
- Branch Manager: Isaac Sarsah
- Operations Officer: Domini Sackey
- Osu Branch
- Location: Oxford street mall, Oxford Street.
- Branch Manager:
- Operations Officer: Alice Asare.
- Telephone No.: 0302786722, 0302786723.
3. Tema Branch
- Location: Tema Community 1, off Meridian Road.
- Branch Manager: Richard Annan
- Operations Officer: Elizabeth Ofori
- Telephone No.: +233 30 3210632,
- : +233 30 3210634
4. Tamale Branch
- Location: Opposite Bank of Ghana, Tamale.
- Branch Manager: Haadi Alhassan
- Operations Officer: Mohammed Kulandi
- Telephone No.:
5. Takoradi Branch
- Location: Liberation Road, Kofi Annan Roundabout, opposite old Bank of Ghana
- Branch Manager: Samuel Adofo
- Operations Officer: Kwame Mensah
- Telephone No.: 03120 24108, 24935, 23856, 23967, 23926, 23907
6. Sunyani Branch
- Location: Groud Floor of Sam Bennet Building opposite the Sunyani Sports Stadium
- Branch Manager: Kwasi Fosu
- Operations Officer: Twumasi Ankrah
- Telephone No.: +233 352 024 282
7. Spintex Road Branch
- Location: 59A Spintex Road, opposite Matalex
- Branch Manager: Frederick Mensah
- Operations Officer: Nana Agyei Kuffour Yeboah
- Telephone No.: 028 9551963, 028 9551966, 028 9551968
8. North Industrial Area Branch
- Location: 65 Otublohum Street, North Industrial Area, Accra.
- Branch Manager: Mary Priscilla Anderson
- Operations Officer:
- Telephone No.: +233 302 240110 240116 240119
9. Nima Branch
- Location: Nima Highway, Nima
- Branch Manager: Abdulai Inusa
- Operations Officer: Veronica Afarikuma
- Telephone No.: 028 95555990, 028 95555992, 028 95555993
10. Madina Branch
- Location: Action School Road, Madina
- Branch Manager: Solomon Mfodjo
- Operations Officer: Christine Amenumey Tamakloe
- Telephone No.: +233 302 522374/5, 028 9555994
11. Alabar Branch
- Branch Manager: Ivy Asamoah
- Operations Officer: Linda Konadu
- Telephone No.: 0289555795
12. Adabraka Branch
- Location: 47 Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Glico House, Adabraka
- Branch Manager: Mrs Leticia Mantey
- Operations Officer: Patricia Agbogbo
- Telephone No.: +233 302 222923 ,231215, 247813 245062
13. Achimota Branch
- Location: ABC JUNCTION
- Branch Manager: Harriet Adjetey
- Operations Officer: Sandra Ofe
- Telephone No.: +233 289 675392,+233 289 669495, +233 289 675393
14. Accra Central Branch
- Location: General Post Office Circle, Accra
- Branch Manager: Derrick Raji Ismaila
- Operations Officer: Maura Ashong
- Telephone No.: +233 302 685157, 685158, 685159, 685160.
15. Kumasi Branch
- Location: Kumasi Adum, Prempeh the second street, opposite Topman Shoes, Ground floor of Alpha House
- Branch Manager: Isaac sarsah
- Operations Officer: Fida Haick
- Telephone No.: +233 3220 37643 37688, 37644
- : +233 3220 37677
16. Kasoa Branch
- Location: Off bawjiase road, opp commercial bank.
- Branch Manager: Ernest Antwi
- Operations Officer: Ernestina Adu
- Telephone No.:0289333307.
17. Darkuman Branch
- Location: Darkuman Junction off Odorkor Highway
- Branch Manager: Theodore Takyi
- Operations Officer: Antonette Jaisey
- Telephone No.: +233 302 302417 302418 302419
According to the bank’s website, BSIC Group has a stated capital of 500 Million Euro and aims to mobilize financial resources from all over the world and channel them to the productive sectors of the economies of member states.
Visit the official website of Sahel Sahara (BSIC-Ghana) for more information and enquiries.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.